- Spending the days in a place where you truly belong.
- A walk during the day: exercise, fresh air, and a chance to actually meet some of the neighbours rather than driving past them in the dark mornings and evenings and never speaking.
- No dress code, no need to wear uncomfortable shoes all day. (But always get dressed. The postman will thank you.)
- When a job’s done, it’s done. No need to “look busy” until 5pm.
- A hot jacket potato instead of a cold sandwich for lunch.
- The comfort of being at home.
- Being able to visit a shop during the working day instead of on Saturday with everyone else.
- Building connections: with a place, with the people around you, with yourself.
It’s about having roots, belonging, being able to be a whole person. Who I am at work is who I am at home, because I don’t have to carve myself into different-shaped pieces. I can shape my home and my life to fit me and my family.